AMAP?

Hi.

I would like to have a clearification regarding AMAP. I have always read it as "As Many As Possible" but realise that it might also be "As Much As Possible". What is the correct meaning of this and what would be the correct strategy regarding weight and so on.

Thanks in advance

/J

Comments

• As this usually is combined with a previous set of reps I generally tend to use the same weight as the set before. Then it becomes a good indicator of if I choose the right weight. I don't know if this is the correct way though.
  • oreo5 said:

So what weight do you use?

I'm with oreo5 here....call me kooky, but I still don't get it
  • This is how we use it. I hope Metric or someone else can sort it out if this is wrong.

Usually when AMAP shows up it is combined with a previous set of, let's say 1x10. The workout would look like Back Squats: 1 x 10 + 1 x AMAP. This means (for me) that after a good warm-up you would first do one set of ten reps. The weight you should use is one where you just barely will be able to do ten reps. Too light and you will not be challenged enough, to heavy and you will not be able to do ten. The weight is individual and this is where your training dairy becomes valuable. Pick a weight that you believe you will be able to do ten (or whatever) reps.
    And then on the second set that says 1 x AMAP we use the same weight as the set before and do as many reps as possible. This becomes a good indicator of if you "cheated" or went for too much on the previous set.

I hope this makes sense. I am from Sweden and English isn't my native language so I struggle for words from time to time.

/J
    Taciturnswedfalcon
  • thanks, it does make sense.....& your English is just fine. :-)
    JDahlin said:

I hope this makes sense. I am from Sweden and English isn't my native language so I struggle for words from time to time.