Custom programming now available

The Brand X Method is now available as individualised remote programming by Jeff Martin.
@Yoda here, the co-developer of the CrossFit Kids program, the CrossFit Kids Teen program, and The Brand X Method Programming.
Trainer of many state level powerlifting champions and current state and National level powerlifting record holders.

He can work with any age range, especially experienced with Teens through Masters.

For $75/month (at many gyms that would buy you a couple of hours at most with a personal trainer) you get personalised programming using The Brand X Method and a weekly video technique review by one of, if not the best, coaches in the world at generally getting you fit and especially, making you stronger.

There aren’t many coaches of his calibre making their services publicly available and none that I know of at this price.

If you’re interested, contact details are here; http://the-brand-x-method.myshopify.com/products/copy-of-custom-programming-jeff-martin-and-mikki-lee-martin
Custom options are available, just ask.
Dawndelion

Comments

• edited August 2015
    Metric always tells me I am a terrible self promoter.  I am, but here is my attempt.  We currently have over 30 State powerlifting records and 12 people who are State Champions in powerlifting.  All twelve qualified for the National Raw Powerlifting Championships.  All twelve trained this year with 0 injuries.  All 12 finished their recent lifting cycle lifting more than they lifted at their qualifying meet, for reps.  Month in and month out the keep getting stronger, because of the programming and the coaching.  
    I have a couple of slots still open if you want to make the same kind of progress.
  • Here is Keegan at 190 pounds
    555 pound deadlift, 500 pound squat

• edited August 2015
    Here is my daughter in law who I remote program for.  8 months after giving birth to the cute baby in the carrier.  340 pounds for reps.

Renee
  • Here is a 16 year old we have been working with.

• edited August 2015
    and a 165 pund 17 year old.   I will stop for now but if you feel your progress is stalled our your not making the gains you would like contact me.

• @Yoda: All awesome examples above are teens and 20+ guys. How about people around 50, who are not interested in competing at all, more curious how far they can take their own strength/fitness? Does it make sense to embark on a program like this or sticking with regular BX programming should suffice? Thanks.
  • Taciturn
    The model I use for strength training is built around what we use in the gym and is posted each week.  The difference for those going off the web is we video review each AMAP lift.  Give feedback on how you can fix or tweak your lifts and customize the accessory work to address individual weaknesses.  

As to the 50 plus crowd.  Research shows that you can continue to get stronger well into your 60's.  Most of our adult population is 40+ and continue to make significant gains each cycle.  Oh and the second biggest puller in our gym is Unforgibbon and while not yet 50 he is knocking on the door.  

Its worth having the discussion as to what are the most important elements of fitness to the Senior crowd and how best to affect those.  It's a topic I have been very interested in the past few years.
  • edited September 2015
    I was going to post some pics of older clients but can't seem to get them to post.  Frustrating.

• I am also of the over 50 crowd. Still making gains, although maybe not so much in the one rep max venue, but being able to move heavy loads longer and safer.
    Yoda
  • @Yoda, @BIGD thanks. 

My take away is that if someone is making good progress on the regular BX programming and feels good about it, they can continue and reap the benefits. If want to discover/address certain weaknesses - custom programming can help. Regardless of age. The difference is the feedback from the trainers and personalized assistance work.

P.S. I never doubted being able to see gains well after 50 years of age. As @BIGD confirms it's just on a different scale/level. 

P.P.S. Very interested in that discussion @Yoda mentioned. Where can we have it?
    Yoda said:

Its worth having the discussion as to what are the most important elements of fitness to the Senior crowd and how best to affect those.  It's a topic I have been very interested in the past few years.

• I started programming for some trainers in another gym.  Four have completed the first cycle.  Seeing the results the four were making two  more jumped in and are half way through their first cycle and another jumped on board today. 
    I thought I would report the results of the four who have completed their first cycle. All are in their late 30's early 40's I believe.

F1
    Beginning first cycle x 3 PR 
    Deadlift 
    Press
    Squat
    Ending first cycle AMAP PR
    Deadlift
    200 x 8
    Press
    70 x 4
    Squat
    160 x 3

F2
    Deadlift 
    Press
    Squat
    Deadlift
    200 x 5
    Press
    77 x 6
    Squat
    190 x 4

F3
    Deadlift 
    Press
    Squat
    Deadlift
    235 x 5
    Press
    87 x 4
    Squat
    185 x 7

M1
    Deadlift 
    Press
    Squat
    Deadlift
    405 x 4
    Press
    140 x 8
    Squat
    335 x 10

swedfalconTaciturn
  • Good mechanics and consistency = A very heavy technical lift. 

kempie
  • 10:00 cap
    20 temp pull up (4s down)
    40 temp push up (4s down)
    60 lunges.
    Compete 10-20-30

3:00 max row for cal.
    64 cal
    Reat 2:00
    2:00 box jump 24"
    27 jumps
    Rest 1:00