Strength rep weights scheme

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions. I'm new to the Brand X Method, so I have a lot of questions. This one is reference to today's WOD (June 1, 2015) and specifically the strength portion of the workout:

Deadlift
Advanced and Intermediate
1 x 8, 1 x AMAP

I've been lifting for 2 years now, so I'm familiar with the movements and various rep schemes. However, I'm wondering what kind of weight Brand X would use for a workout like this. Does this already assume warmup sets, or should the prep work be enough? Are both these sets at the same weight (that's what I assumed this morning)? Since this is the strength portion, I would assume a heavy deadlift instead of a light weight which would be more for conditioning. So, about what % of max should be used for this?

I appreciate any help with getting familiar with Brand X. Thanks!

Dave

Comments

• Its hard for us to base the answer of one rep maxes but if you give me a number I will try to help you out.
  • Most recent 1RM (within the last couple weeks) is 335 for DL. I chose 225 and did 15 reps on the last set. Grip wasn't too bad, may have been good for a few more reps, but the mental battle of doing more than 10 got the best of me.

Thanks.
  • I have looked and am unable to find where you did deadliest in the workout.  So I am assuming you did 225 x 8, then 225 x 15.  We track about 135 people in our gym doing strength work.  If you were in our gym and I knew your technique was spot on, I would have you use 240 next week.

Let us know if we can help with your numbers as you continue.
  • Wow, thanks; appreciate the advice. I'll try to be more diligent and post my results in the forum in the future.